Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Scottish Hat


So, my BFF went to Scotland donkey's years ago, and brought me two luscious skeins of Scottish yarn.  I kept trying to make something with the first skein, and nothing was turning out right, so I kept frogging it and setting it aside.  I finally decided to try the Foliage Hat from Knitty, and it worked!  It's a tad big for my tiny noggin, but still cozy.  And it was super quick to knit.

It was a hard color to photograph, but it's closest to this unworn picture - a nice deep purple.


Pattern: Foliage (Emilee Mooney), Knitty Fall 2007

Yarn: Jamieson's Shetland Marl, color - amethyst

Needles: Harmony interchangeable circulars - US sizes 9 & 10.5
Ravelry Link







1 comment:

  1. I think this hat is ADORABLE, and I've had the pattern pulled up on my computer for the past week... however, I don't think I'm quite ready to try it. I'm too scared.

    I am extremely curious about your "two socks at once" skill.

    ~Fyfe =)

    ReplyDelete