Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gwen Also Makes Pie

I love pie.  I mean, like, really love pie.  When I got married, we had wedding pie.  See?   I really love pie.

I'd been looking for an excuse to make summer pie, and when our friends decided to have us over for a cookout I jumped at the opportunity to bring a pie.  Especially since my mom had just delivered some fresh Ohio peaches.  Mmmm...

Supplementing the Ohio peaches with Pennsylvania peaches and Michigan blueberries, I made my first non-apple, pumpkin, or pecan pie.  And man, is it good.  I know because I completed Operation: Late Night Pie Delivery to my mom just a while ago, and of course we had to have a piece.


I started with a peach pie recipe and added blueberries (4 cups peaches, 1 cup blueberries).
Then I made my crust, and added a little ceylon cinnamon because I <3 Penzey's and was feeling saucy.

In goes the filling (not pictured: pats of butter).

My first lattice crust!  It was exhilarating.  

Baked and cooling.  The second pie was hilariously hastily made, but after tasting it I assure you it is scrumptious.  (Do people still use that word?  "Scrumptious?")

Guess how much butter is in this pie?  (Hint:  It's 14 tablespoons.)

No comments:

Post a Comment