Monday, September 20, 2010

Thanks for making babies, everyone!

You know what's fun?  Knitting for babies!  Everything is so tiny and adorable!  And fast!  And did I mention adorable?!

My friend Liza is due in November, and since her baby shower was yesterday, I can finally post the adorable sweater I made for her. 

I started with some random yarn I had lying around the house, and the Five Hour Baby Sweater pattern that has been adapted and transcribed by  more people than you'd care to shake a stick at.

That was cute enough.  But then I decided to go all wacky and embroider onto the sweater.  With yarn and not embroidery floss, because this was on a whim.

So, I taught myself chain stitch, which is ridiculously simple, and winged a little sun and a llama, because Lliza lloves llamas.  A llot. 

When the llama was finished, I actually giggled out loud.  Like, "Teeheeheeheeheeee!"  The Husband was a little concerned, until I showed him and he had the same reaction.  It looks a bit like a prehistoric cave llama, but I think it's awesome. 

So now I'm working on a Super Secret Project for my sister-in-law, who is due in January.  It is also adorable and I'll be sure to post it after her shower.

In other news, Vivian is done!  And she is awesome!  And I need to take pictures!  When it is light out!  So, you'll just have to wait a bit...

2 comments:

  1. gwen this is so freaking adorable!!! i kinda wanna have a baby now. i mean, um, not really NOW but i would love to look at cute things like this all day. you are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Julie! I feel the same way, though. So cute!

    ReplyDelete