Saturday, April 10, 2010

The massive sweater update

Don't worry, I'm still knitting.

I've finished the first sleeve of Vivian, and have attached that, and now must make the second.  I kind of started with the right sleeve instead of the left, so I went ahead and attached it.  I kind of knit 3 extra rows and had to frog them back which drove me nuts last night, then I spent way too long trying to figure out what to do with the underarm stitches on the waste yarn (I figured that they'd be grafted in the end, and I was right - had I read all the way to the end of the pattern I would have realized that, but I kept stopping at the charts.  Little did I know the finishing part came after the charts...).
So, anywho, I'll start the left sleeve tonight.  I can't wait to be done with this sweater because, a - I think it will be fanfreakintastic, and b - I have more projects planned in my head!  (The first of which will be Hey, Teach! so I have something I can wear in the summer - Vivian is a little heavy.)

I'm also in the process of buying a house and moving, so the knitting time will be seriously cut down in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment