Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Nerdy Old Lady

"...When is my yarn going to be in at the yarn store?" I wondered out loud.
"You ordered yarn at the yarn store?" the Husband asked.
"Um, yeah..."
(hysterical laughter) "NERD!  You're a nerd!  And an old lady!  A nerdy old lady"

Well, it's in!  All 7 skeins of it.  Cascade 220 Heathers, color Turtle. 
(It's going to be the Vivian sweater, by Ysolda Teague.)

That extra skein is to finish Mom's Fetching I started to try Magic Loop, then ran out of yarn in a classic yarn project/yarn : cereal/milk situation.

So, good news Mom!  Your mitts are done!
 
(pictures taken in haste as the batteries to both cameras died at the same time)
Pattern: Fetching (Cheryl Niamath), Knitty Summer 2006
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers, Autumn
Needles: addi Natura size US 8/5.0 mm 40# circular

Don't worry, the Ishbel is coming along nicely.  Since this picture, the fab green yarn has run out and I've switched to a crazy variegated yarn to finish things out.  I think I'm making it work.
Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment