Thursday, February 11, 2010

Super Soft Shawlette

Finished up the Ishbel shawlette earlier this week.  I used the super duper soft green yarn that my BFF brought back from Scotland, and when that was about to run out, switched to some also soft but not quite as soft sock yarn, then did the bind off in the original green.

I must say I'm happy with how it turned out.  I had my doubts at times after I'd switched to the variegated yarn, but it all worked out.  One of these days I'll actually complete a lace shawl that is a solid color only...

Pattern: Ishbel, Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Orkney Angora St. Mangus DK (color = bottle green); Knit Picks Imagination Handpainted sock yarn (color = mermaid lagoon)
Needles: Knit Picks Harmony interchangeable circulars, size US 6/4.0 mm
Ravelry link 


Pre-blocking:












Blocking: 












I'd like to give a shout-out to blocking wires.  You make my life so much easier, and let me block a billion points with approximately 8 pins.


And, of course, here are some glamor shots in the snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment